* Observed some equipment stored in a used cardboard box in the front prep area.
Discontinue re-using unapproved containers, (i.e. single-use cans, styrofoam cups, crates, cardboard boxes, plastic grocery bags). After the food product has been opened, transfer the product into durable, washable, and cleanable working containers with lids.
* Ambient temperature of the Victory cold top was measured at 56F.
Repair/Adjust the refrigeration unit (s) so that the potentially hazardous foods are maintained at or below 41F.
* Repair/replace the torn gaskets in the Victory cold top unit
* Remove the accumulation of food debris on the shelving in the walk-in cooler
* Remove the accumulation of food debris on the can opener on the prep table on wheels.
* Repair the corroding faucet on the hand wash sink.
Maintain all equipment, utensils and facilities clean, fully operative and in good repair.
Improper Holding Temperatures of PHF
Potentially hazardous foods were measured at the following temperatures:
* Chicken in Victory cold top at 57F
* Sausage in Victory cold top at 58F
* Ham in Victory cold top at 57F
Maintain the temperatures of potentially hazardous foods at or below 41 degrees Fahrenheit or at or above 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Working containers used for storing chemicals such as cleaners and sanitizers taken from bulk supplies shall be clearly and individually identified with the common name of the material.
* Discontinue hanging fly traps in the facility.
Only those insecticides, rodenticides, and other pesticides that are necessary and specifically approved for use in a food facility may be used. The use shall be in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
Restroom in Disrepair/Unclean/Improp. Use/Supplies
* Observed the employees' restroom's door to be not self-closing.
Separate toilet rooms from other portions of the food establishment with self-closing doors.
Inoperable/Lack of Food Thermometer
* Only a probe thermometer designed for measuring cooking temperatures were present; the lowest temperature the thermometer could read was 50F. Provide an approved readily available, easily readable metal probe thermometer accurate to plus or minus 2 degrees Fahrenheit.
Inadequate Hygiene (Hair/Clothing/Eating/Drinking)
* Discontinue storing employee beverages in food prep and storage areas. Closed beverages may be stored in an approved manner to prevent contamination. Instruct employees to only eat and drink in designated areas away from food and utensils, and to wash their hands thoroughly before returning to work.
Lack of/Unsanitary/Condition Walls/Floors/Ceilings
* Seal the gaps located on the ceiling around the piping of the water heater.
Effectively seal all crevices (i.e. gaps and cracks) throughout the facility to eliminate potential vermin (including insects) harborage.