Improper Holding Temp of PHF (60F-120F), (50F-59F)
Pooled eggs, raw meats, sliced tofu, and bagged breaded chicken pieces measured from 60F to 65F at the inoperative prep units (See FC17 for details).
Maintain the temperature of potentially hazardous foods at or below 41°F or at or above 135°F.
Corrective Action Taken: The items were transferred to other operative units. Per the staff, the items had been transferred to the unit within the past 2 hours for the lunch rush, from the walk-in cooler.
Unsanitary Utensil/Equipment Condition
The reach-in units adjacent the fry area, and across the wok line were inoperative as food items measured above 60F.
Adjust, repair, or replace the refrigeration units, so capable of holding potentially hazardous foods at or below 41 F.
Ensure the units are calibrated to meet the high demand as in the prep area, across the cook lines.
Corrective action: See FC01 for details. The owner had already had the units scheduled for service with the repairman coming today.
Lack of/Unsanitary/Condition Walls/Floors/Ceilings
1. Remove the dirt and debris from the floor sinks, and the floor-wall junctures of the facility, including under the storage racks, sinks, cooking equipment, ice machine, and other equipment items where needed.
2. Seal all cracks/crevices/gaps/holes, where needed, at the floor/wall/ceiling surfaces, and their junctures. Maintain the facility to exclude vermin.
3. At the ceiling, remove the dirt from the panels and the debris inside the light panels.
1. A household use insect spray was observed. Only those insecticides, rodenticides, and other pesticides that are necessary and specifically approved for use in a food facility may be used. The use shall be in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
2. Spray bottles used for storing chemicals such as cleaners and sanitizers taken from bulk supplies shall be clearly and individually identified with the common name of the material.
Inoperable/Lack of Food Thermometer
Provide an accurate display thermometer in all refrigeration units that is affixed to be readily visible and to indicate the air temperature in the warmest part of the unit.
Inadequate Hygiene (Hair/Clothing/Eating/Drinking)
Discontinue storing employee beverages in food prep and storage areas. Closed beverages may be stored in an approved manner to prevent contamination. Instruct employees to only eat and drink in designated areas away from food and utensils, and to wash their hands thoroughly before returning to work.
Evidence of Vermin Activity/Presence of Animals/Insects
Several flies were noted in the kitchen area.
Construct, equip, maintain, and operate the food facility so as to prevent the entrance and harborage of insects and rodents. Use any approved method for eliminating insects (i.e. flies, cockroaches) and/or rodents from the facility. A thorough inspection for vermin activity was conducted and no further evidence was observed.
Inappropriate Sanitizer Level/ Lack of Test Strips
Although sanitizer buckets were set up, multi-use wiping cloths were observed stored outside of the bucket.
Discontinue holding multi-use wiping cloths outside of the sanitizer solution between uses. Store wiping cloths in an approved sanitizer solution (e.g., 100 ppm chlorine, 200 ppm quaternary ammonium or 25 ppm iodine) between uses, or provide a clean cloth for each use.
1. Remove the grime, dirt and/or grease from where needed at the cooking equipment, hood/filters, mixer, undersides of the sink drainboards, storage racks and refrigerator units.
2. Resurface the worn/stained sink juncture grout sections.
3. Cleavers were observed stored wedged in between the food preparation table edges. Store in a clean and sanitary area.
4. Remove the rust from the exterior of the walk-in cooler, various racks, and prep table shelves.
5. Discontinue the use of the chipped dish ware. Provide dish ware in good condition.
6. Repair the torn refrigerator door gasket(s).
7. Observed frayed and stained wiping cloths in use. Provide wiping cloths in good, clean condition.
Water Temp (100F-119F)/Wash Temp <100F/Cross Con
Provide an air gap of at least 1 inch between the drain line and the top rim of the floor sink.
Lack of/Improper Handwashing/Handwashing Sup.
At the dish machine: The papertowel dispenser was empty, with a stack of papertowels available for use on the side.
Provide and maintains single-use sanitary towels in dispensers (or hot air blowers) at, or adjacent to, all handwashing facilities
This is an inspection in reference to a change in ownership at this facility.
Your health permit is approved this date, subject to the following corrections listed.