Improper Sanitizer Concentration/Method
Measured zero ppm of sanitizer in the sanitizing solution bucket in the preparation area during active food preparation. Maintain an approved amount of sanitizer bucket with 100 ppm chlorine, or 200 ppm quaternary ammonium or 25 ppm iodine to hold the wiping cloths. Store the cloths inside the sanitizer solution when not in immediate use. When a towel is needed, wring it out, use it, and then immediately return it to the solution between uses.
Corrective Action Taken: The operator set up sanitizer bucket with 100 ppm chlorine.
Improper Holding Temperatures of PHF
Measured a container of pooled eggs at 50F in an ice bath on the back preparation table. Maintain the temperatures of potentially hazardous foods at or below 41 degrees Fahrenheit or at or above 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
Inadequate Hygiene (Hair/Clothing/Eating/Drinking)
Discontinue storing employee beverages in food prep and storage areas. Closed beverages may be stored in an approved manner to prevent contamination. Instruct employees to only eat and drink in designated areas away from food and utensils, and to wash their hands thoroughly before returning to work.
Working containers used for storing chemicals such as cleaners and sanitizers taken from bulk supplies shall be clearly and individually identified with the common name of the material.
1) Cooking equipment must be positioned completely underneath the approved exhaust hood. The hood must extend at least 6 inches beyond the outer edges of the cooking surfaces.
2) Discontinue re-using unapproved containers, (i.e. single-use cans, styrofoam cups, crates, cardboard boxes, plastic grocery bags). After the food product has been opened, transfer the product into durable, washable, and cleanable working containers with lids.
3) Clean the following items:
-The shelving in the walk-in cooler
-The tracks on the sliding meat cooler
Maintain all equipment, utensils and facilities clean, fully operative and in good repair.
Lack of/Unsanitary/Condition Walls/Floors/Ceilings
1) Observed deteriorated base coving. Provide an integrally designed base coving with a 3/8-inch radius at the juncture of the floor and wall. The coving must extend up the wall at least 4 inches.
2) Thoroughly clean and maintain the floors (including the floor sinks and drains), walls, and ceilings in a clean and sanitary manner.
-The floor of the storage area